SIMES International Studies Program
6 months of intensive science & technology
Follow us in our Social Media
STEM + Innovation + Method + Education + Startup = SIMES
We are an institution specialized in STEM education in Chile. We teach advanced courses in Science and Technology for elementary and high school students. We also give advanced courses in STEM Education (Science – Technology – Engineering – Mathematics) for teachers from different educational establishments in the country. We currently have services in Santiago and Concepción.
Our main objective is to provide high quality services in all areas that comprise the secondary and part of the primary education.
Educating and innovating
For a better future
STEM education for the needs of the 21st century
SIMES focuses on the education of basic and secondary education students, complementing their school studies and opening new areas of knowledge and scientific-technological development.
Classes and workshops
Our courses and workshops focus on teaching areas such as: Artificial Intelligence and Programming, Astronomy, Biotechnology, Materials Science, Physics (Particle Physics), Renewable Energies and more.
Classes are held in a 3-hour format separated into two 75-minute blocks*. Unlike other extracurricular courses, SIMES is not based on teaching with evaluations. Students test their learning through the application of their knowledge.
* Approximate duration of the class blocks.
Course with a multidisciplinary approach that deals with various topics of great importance and relevance in today’s world, related to Science and Technology. The workshop is divided into different units, which cover various topics related to
– Research and scientific method.
– Artificial Intelligence (AI).
– Blockchain / Smart Contracts / Cryptocurrency.
– Robotics and Programming.
– Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
– Energy Efficiency.
– Renewable Energies (ERNC).
– Materials Science.
– Transgenic Foods.
– Particle Physics.
– Particle Accelerators.
– Global water resource crisis.
– Super computers.
– Stem cells and cloning.
– Biofuels and new energy technologies
– Climate Change
– Ecology and environment.
– Sustainable Development.
– Protection of the Environment.
– Global Warming.
– Case studies of different successful companies in Chile and the world that are innovating with the use of Science and new Technologies. All these contents are designed to be taught to students in basic and secondary education. The development of the workshops includes the use of audiovisual material.
Educational solutions for Schools and Institutions
SIMES offers consulting services, workshops and customized courses to complement classroom education.
Scientific advice can also be provided for school science projects and competitions.